close paraphrase of Fred F's Facebook status update; published with permission
• Hollow out one small pumpkin
• Cook up brown rice, and then some hamburg, fish, or ground turkey in a frying pan with chopped green and/or red peppers, onions, and garlic.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Smear butter on the inside of the pumpkin and add a few of your favorite spices
• Smear butter on the outside.
• Fill the pumpkin with the rice, etc., put the "hat" on it
• Wrap the pumpkin in aluminum foil, and
• Bake it at 350 degrees for 2 or 2.5 hrs.
• Poke it with a fork to check if it's soft enough.
Beverages will be either a hearty red or an amber hard cider, which is Fred's pick.
And don't forget to bake the pumpkin seed! They make a great snack.